does this work with windowed games?

Discuss topics related to DXGL that don't belong in any other category.
twipley

Re: does this work with windowed games?

Post by twipley » August 9th, 2018, 4:02 pm

William wrote:
June 3rd, 2018, 9:47 am
twipley wrote:
June 3rd, 2018, 7:41 am
Hello!

Just to understand it clearly, is there any way to 2x-scale windowed games, such as the original Jumper?

I would just be happy with changing the size of the contents of the window, even though I know I there might be problems with the mouse mapping while doing so (which I really wouldn't mind).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yours, twipley
I still haven't quite figured it out, but some of the changes in the next version will bring me a step closer as I now have a bit greater control over the mouse cursor.
Hello!

Let me reiterate that I am not wishing to use the mouse cursor for that game -- it is not a problem for me!

I have been trying to double-scale the original 'Jumper!' indeed, using the latest (i.e. 0.5.14) DXGL version, but to no avail. I just wanted to be sure I am not missing something.

thanks,
twipley

William
Site Admin

Post by William » August 9th, 2018, 8:31 pm

twipley wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 4:02 pm
William wrote:
June 3rd, 2018, 9:47 am
twipley wrote:
June 3rd, 2018, 7:41 am
Hello!

Just to understand it clearly, is there any way to 2x-scale windowed games, such as the original Jumper?

I would just be happy with changing the size of the contents of the window, even though I know I there might be problems with the mouse mapping while doing so (which I really wouldn't mind).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yours, twipley
I still haven't quite figured it out, but some of the changes in the next version will bring me a step closer as I now have a bit greater control over the mouse cursor.
Hello!

Let me reiterate that I am not wishing to use the mouse cursor for that game -- it is not a problem for me!

I have been trying to double-scale the original 'Jumper!' indeed, using the latest (i.e. 0.5.14) DXGL version, but to no avail. I just wanted to be sure I am not missing something.

thanks,
twipley
The reason I mentioned the mouse cursor is because it is just one step towards virtualizing a halved display resolution required to double up your game.

twipley

Post by twipley » October 10th, 2018, 5:42 am

I am opened an enhancement request for this there: https://www.dxgl.info/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=59