Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds - Windows 10

Discuss bugs in DXGL or make suggestions. Please note that issues will be better tracked if you file a report at https://www.dxgl.info/bugzilla/
Flakker

Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds - Windows 10

Post by Flakker »

Hello,

dxgl works great with this game if i use the default resolution of 640 x 480.

Although the game allows higher resolutions, these are only used for some screens. So if I pick a higher resolution, there is a redraw e.g. when moving from the strategy map (1280 x 720) to the battle map loading screen (640 x 480) and the screen is rendered completely black.

If I alt+tab out of and back into the game, the screen renders fine.

Is there a way to get dxgl to automatically perform the redraw caused by the alt+tab? I couldn't find an appropriate config setting.

Thanks for any help.

Of course, I can just play in 640 x 480 but it would be nice to have the higher res without having to tab all the time.

Thanks,

flakker
William
Site Admin

Re: Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds - Windows 10

Post by William »

Odd; I got it to work by setting Video mode in DXGL Config to either Stretch to screen or Aspect corrected stretch.

Oddly enough, it is actually ignoring the aspect correction.

Maybe for the new config program I am working on, I could have it set a specific resolution on launch, in order to get around that aspect issue.
Oakman

Post by Oakman »

Did you manage to get it to run in higher resolutions?
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Oakman wrote: October 20th, 2017, 4:49 am Did you manage to get it to run in higher resolutions?
Actually using the particular modes in DXGL Config it seemed to work for me.