Upcoming changes for GDPR

Please read before posting.
William
Site Admin

Upcoming changes for GDPR

Post by William »

Since GDPR will be coming in force on May 25, 2018, and there are several users of the DXGL website from Europe, some changes will be made.
  • E-mail addresses are no longer displayed in the forum, instead e-mailing will open a form for sending an e-mail to the user. Please note your e-mail address may still be revealed if you reply to e-mails you receive from other users, and by replying via your e-mail you consent to sharing your address with the user.
    [*]The Bugzilla may be shut down soon, to be replaced with a platform, which would be integrated with the phpBB login system. More information will be available as I implement the changes, however all bugs will be migrated to the new platform should I take this route.
Please note that no changes are necessary to DXGL, as the software does not require Internet access after installation, except to view the online-only help file in version 0.5.13. Any online features that are added in future DXGL versions (i.e. automatic update checking) will be strictly optional.
William
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming changes for GDPR

Post by William »

Since Bugzilla already displays a privacy warning, I will be canceling any changes to the bug tracker for the time being. This privacy notice has already been added to the site's Privacy Policy and has been in place for many years.

Email addresses are not visible to unregistered users.
William
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming changes for GDPR

Post by William »

IP addresses are no longer logged unless the server generates an error (this is an Nginx bug). IP addresses are still logged by the forum during the registration process as an anti-spam measure (see IP bans in the topic below this one).
The downloads section is now log-free, including the Visual C++ redist download that occurs during installation.

The Privacy Policy has been updated to note that users can request their data via the sitewide contact form. Alternatively, you may PM me if using the forum.