Windows 7 -- Configuration Manager Broken?!

Discuss bugs in DXGL or make suggestions. Please note that issues will be better tracked if you file a report at https://www.dxgl.info/bugzilla/
ZoriaRPG

Windows 7 -- Configuration Manager Broken?!

Post by ZoriaRPG »

I installed DXGL on my Win7 system to try to use it to help walk a ZC user through its configuration.

I canna do a blasted thing. When I open the config manager, I see this

I added a zelda.exe bin via the add button. Makes no difference. Neither the default config widgets, nor tje application list are visible--they don't exist at all.

What the flidd?
William
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 -- Configuration Manager Broken?!

Post by William »

That's new to me. Are you running the latest 0.5.16 version? If so, check to see if you have the latest Visual C++ 2019 runtime installed (https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe) and if you don't or can't have SP1 installed on Windows 7 try the legacy build instead, which uses an older version of the Visual C++ runtime.

It appears to be working for me in both my 32 and 64 bit virtual machines.

Check for any programs you may have that hook the Windows Common Controls, and if it persists after closing and reopening try running sfc /scannow in an Administrator command prompt.
ZoriaRPG

Post by ZoriaRPG »

I have the latest build, Legacy. Running Win 7 Pro, SP1.

I can't do a src edit right now or make any kind of debug build, because I use MSVC 08, and you can't have parallel versions of MSVC installed on one system. Perhaps I could build it in MinGW, but that is likely to produce other new issues. (ZC is built in C++03.)

For grins, I installed the latest runtime from MS, and I installed DXGL 0.5.16 (non-legacy). Same issue. Let me know if you want to send any debug stuff to me and have me return any test files.
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

ZoriaRPG wrote: September 10th, 2019, 2:15 am I have the latest build, Legacy. Running Win 7 Pro, SP1.

I can't do a src edit right now or make any kind of debug build, because I use MSVC 08, and you can't have parallel versions of MSVC installed on one system. Perhaps I could build it in MinGW, but that is likely to produce other new issues. (ZC is built in C++03.)

For grins, I installed the latest runtime from MS, and I installed DXGL 0.5.16 (non-legacy). Same issue. Let me know if you want to send any debug stuff to me and have me return any test files.
Looks like I'll have to make up project files for VS2008 as I tried building in that version and had fatal errors.
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

I have added Visual C++ 2008 project files to the SVN repository. They are under the vs9 folder.
ZoriaRPG

Post by ZoriaRPG »

TY, I'll give it a check. What is the deps/libs list for anything not already-included in the package?

Now that it builds in MSVC08, what stuff were you using in C++11/14 that you had to change?

Did you push that branch on the Github page, or just the SVN?
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Dependencies to avoid warning dialogs are TortoiseSVN, HTML Help Workshop, and NSIS, but I believe it will still make working binaries without them installed.

The GitHub version is currently in sync with the SVN repository, but currently SVN is the preferred checkout method.

There is currently no modern C++11 or newer code in DXGL, and dxglcfg.cpp is only a C++ file for linkage purposes with the testing code.
ZoriaRPG

Post by ZoriaRPG »

Very good. As I said, I'll look over the files when I can. I have Tortoise. I'll need to set up the other two and see if MSVC bitches about anything.

TY for sticking to C++03. Makes all of our jobs easier. ;)

Any word on those preset config files that I requested for ZC?

Until I can solve his technical problem, I can't generate the files to package for Windowed and Fullscreen (aspect-correct) modes with the portable libs. :/
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

ZoriaRPG wrote: September 14th, 2019, 4:17 am Very good. As I said, I'll look over the files when I can. I have Tortoise. I'll need to set up the other two and see if MSVC bitches about anything.

TY for sticking to C++03. Makes all of our jobs easier. ;)

Any word on those preset config files that I requested for ZC?

Until I can solve his technical problem, I can't generate the files to package for Windowed and Fullscreen (aspect-correct) modes with the portable libs. :/
I'll have those files ready when I have the next version ready, as I have added the Include directive to configuration files.
ZoriaRPG

Post by ZoriaRPG »

Any idea on that timeframe?

I've been working on a ZC package to include QoL extras, and in theory, a package for Win10 tablets, so those files will be a key component.