Feature request: .cfg file

Discuss bugs in DXGL or make suggestions. Please note that issues will be better tracked if you file a report at https://www.dxgl.info/bugzilla/
ZoriaRPG

Feature request: .cfg file

Post by ZoriaRPG »

I'd like to request a secondary config file, dxgl.cfg as a plain-text file with the following format:

[dxgl]
settings = file.ini

This will allow bundling a set of .ini files, and selecting a desired file with a launcher (in our case, ZCL) before programme init. Thus, different video options such as fullscreen versus windowed camn be set without the user needing to set up the software.
William
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: .cfg file

Post by William »

I'll consider it, as well as checking if the embedded inih library can handle it in the format you give (whitespace around the =).
William
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: .cfg file

Post by William »

Does it need to be a separate .cfg file or can it be an optional directive in dxgl.ini?

EDIT: I'll add dxgl.cfg as an alternative file (first priority), and make the parser switch configuration files upon parsing an AlternateConfigFile Include directive (with protection against recursion).

For 0.5.17, I currently do not plan on implementing Include for installation control directives, specifically NoOverwrite, BundledDDrawSHA256, and NoUninstall. If you use those to protect a Steam release of your software from tampering by DXGL Config, they will need to be put in your root configuration file.