nice to see activity around here!

Discuss topics related to DXGL that don't belong in any other category.
twipley

nice to see activity around here!

Post by twipley »

I love seeing activity around here! I know this is just a web page change, but I am eager to see every bit of change, and I visit this page often even if I don't have Internet at home. This project is important, and you have the Internet behind you (as a support platform).
William
Site Admin

Re: nice to see activity around here!

Post by William »

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had much time to interact, with work being quite busy. However, I have been finding little bits of time to tweak things up. For example, several server upgrades have been done which should improve performance (I still have more tweaks, such as getting rid of Apache for the web content). Also, I decided to install the MyWOT Widget (for more info go to https://www.mywot.com) in the entire site, as it should go well with the upcoming DXGL Wiki, to discourage the posting of dangerous website links to the site. The implementation is currently a little rough around the edges; I just have a one-size-fits-all widget code being injected by the nginx program. I will tweak it, for example use the "postlink" selector for phpBB and "external" selector for MediaWiki to get rid of the spurious green donuts in the footer, etc.
While the AppDB is deprecated, I did decide to move it to the dxgl domain, but due to me not fixing up the domains, it generates a lot of 301'ed links.
I now use Let's Encrypt as my SSL certificate provider, whose advantage is that it is FREE! (it also has an automated server verification protocol too) Due to the recent Linode (potential) breach I was able to instantly revoke my old certificates in a single command then issue another command to replace them.
I even have big plans ahead of me, called Steam Greenlight! It will be a Free to Use app on Steam if approved, no get-rich-quick scheme. If traffic picks up I may put up a donate page to help me with the server bills though. Forget that for now; Steam changed their rules due to the bad behavior of a recent Greenlight submitter who submitted suspicious file-deleting software to Greenlight. I do hope that they can realize that my software should be eligible as it is not intended to destroy the integrity of Steam game caches.
twipley

Post by twipley »

I have tried the program – it is the awesomest piece of software I have ever laid my hands on. It fixes so much problems I had been having with games…

There is quite a bunch of intelligent options. The biggest lack as of now might well just be the "fixed scaling" (integer-factor scaling) mode, so that the 'nearest' method of scaling makes full sense. But, as you already said, it will arrive when(ever) the new GUI is up and ready.

Cheers! twipley
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Unfortunately the new config GUI isn't my priority; the current priority is a major rewrite of the rendering backend in order to improve performance, as Direct3D games such as Rogue Squadron 3D (D3D6) are only marginally playable.
twipley

Post by twipley »

All right; thanks for the info!
Warnerguiva

nice to see activity around here

Post by Warnerguiva »

hi. just wanted to check up on everyone. hope all is going well. seems so lonely around here lately
<a href="https://www.noriualaus.com/rice-cooker-slow-cooker-reviews/">https://www.noriualaus.com/</a>