does this work with windowed games?

Discuss topics related to DXGL that don't belong in any other category.
twipley

Re: does this work with windowed games?

Post by twipley »

All right!

I will keep watching this thread then. With eagerness.
twipley

Post by twipley »

I have opened a ticket in the bug tracker for this: https://www.dxgl.info/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=65
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Weird, tried it on the latest NVIDIA drivers and the framerate seems fine. An ancient version of DXGL, version 0.1.6, does seem to trigger the slowdown. Perhaps I should check if the system timers are being modified.

EDIT: It appears my system timer resolution is switching to 1ms when the game is running, perhaps due to Windows 10's gaming optimizations kicking in.
twipley

Post by twipley »

Well, I am under Windows XP, so that is perhaps the reason the framerate for me is halved.

I am subscribing to this topic so that I be informed if there is a planned fix for this.
twipley

Post by twipley »

Hello Mr Feely!

I have been eager lately to know if there has been any new development regarding this? Or, interest on your part for fixing this?

(I am still most interested in a fix for this!)

Cheers,
twipley

EDIT: the game is running just fine here under XP without DXGL, but through DXGL the framerate, as noted above, is halved.

Thanks.
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Hi. I'm about to embark on major updates to DXGL. Fixing this sync issue will be something I will try to do, but I cannot make any promises in this phase of updates.
twipley

Post by twipley »

Hey there!

I am still visiting this thread as well as the download page every week, so as to check for any news. :)

I am aware that you are still working hard on major updates to DXGL, and I wanted here not just to reaffirm my interest in a fix to this sync issue, but also to lend a few words of encouragement: keep up the impeccable work; it is greatly appreciated by current and future users ! ;)
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Thanks for the support! Life has been happening, so I haven't always felt the urge to work on DXGL unfortunately. A rewrite of a portion of it is still in progress, nearing a point where I can commit some changes and have something half-working.

Just noticed your reply as I try to clean up the spam which has been choking up my approval queue.
twipley

Post by twipley »

It is great to see a new version of DXGL!

For the record, I've reposted this framerate issue: https://github.com/dxgldotorg/dxgl/issues/8
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

Just so you know I am beginning a rewrite of DXGL.