Difference between DXGL and GCVoodoo2 ?

Discuss topics related to DXGL that don't belong in any other category.
William
Site Admin

Re: Difference between DXGL and GCVoodoo2 ?

Post by William »

Hi. DXGL is an implementation of DirectDraw, or ddraw.dll. No other graphics wrappers should be added to the game.
In order to fit the game to your screen, have you tried "Aspect corrected stretch" or "Stretch to screen" in DXGL config? These settings will stretch the picture to your screen, but they might cause mouse issues.
RandolphG

Post by RandolphG »

William wrote: May 17th, 2017, 3:07 am Hi. DXGL is an implementation of DirectDraw, or ddraw.dll. No other graphics wrappers should be added to the game.
In order to fit the game to your screen, have you tried "Aspect corrected stretch" or "Stretch to screen" in DXGL config? These settings will stretch the picture to your screen, but they might cause mouse issues.
Thanks William that worked perfect for me and no mouse issues either!
Last edited by William on August 20th, 2021, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remove spam due to likely user compromise.
William
Site Admin

Post by William »

RandolphG wrote: August 19th, 2017, 3:54 am
William wrote: May 17th, 2017, 3:07 am Hi. DXGL is an implementation of DirectDraw, or ddraw.dll. No other graphics wrappers should be added to the game.
Thanks William that worked perfect for me and no mouse issues either!
Thanks for the heads-up. To tell you the truth, I don't think I have touched the mouse scaling code in years.